Who Are We?
We are the Georgia House Rabbit Society (GHRS), an all volunteer, nonprofit rabbit rescue organization serving the metro Atlanta area and beyond. Since our formation in 1996, we have rescued over 3000 domesticated rabbits in need.
In 2010 we opened our Rabbit Center in Marietta, Georgia. Our Rabbit Center is the 1st and only rabbit specific shelter in the Southeast and 1 of only 3 throughout the entire country.
Our stand alone facility serves multiple purposes. In addition to providing housing for our rescued rabbits, the shelter also serves as a learning center, a boarding facility and a source for quality rabbit supplies.
Our Primary Goals:
1. To rescue abandoned rabbits whose time is up at animal shelters and to find permanent homes for them, and
2. To educate the public and assist humane societies, through publications on rabbit care, phone consultations and classes.
• That all rabbits are valuable as individuals, regardless of breed, purity, temperament, state of health, or relationship to humans.
• That it is in the best interest of domestic rabbits to be neutered or spayed, to live in human housing, and to be treated for illnesses by veterinarians.
• That rabbits are intelligent, social animals that require mental stimulation, toys, exercise, environmental activity, and social interaction with, as appropriate, people, other rabbits and other household companion animals
To rescue abused, abandoned and neglected domestic house rabbits. We spay and neuter, foster and find them great homes. We educate the public on the proper care of domestic house rabbits.